41 Innovative Products from Bootstrapped Startups
Have you ever had your “eureka” moment by coming up with a one-million-dollar business idea? The only problem was that you didn’t quite know how to transform it from just a thought in your head to a project in real life. Well, let’s just say you are not alone. As a matter of fact, many people struggle to actualize their entrepreneurial dreams simply because they lack the financial capabilities needed to kickstart their businesses, especially the riskier ones.
Fortunately, with the seemingly infinite amount of tools and resources available online nowadays, it is easier to start your own business with little to no capital. This may include your personal savings, any borrowed money from relatives or friends, and even reusing the funds made from your initial sales. Side tip, this is why new businesses offer the option to pre-order the products or services they intend to sell; to secure the budget later needed to produce them.
The above-mentioned process is what is referred to as “bootstrapping a startup.” To elaborate, one is considered to be bootstrapping when he or she has founded the company that they are running, by personally financing it.
Fun fact – a big number of the biggest companies out there have actually had humble beginnings. Here are some examples you probably have already heard about:
- Meta, formerly known as Facebook
- Coca Cola
The classic story usually involves a hard-working individual starting out in their parent’s garage. This is the case of Apple with co-founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
Now that we have you all excited, let us delve deeper into the “How”s of the process. In this article, we will introduce to you a number of products to help you out with your entrepreneurial journey. What makes this 41-item list even more interesting is the fact that these products themselves have come to life thanks to a bootstrapped startup.
- Micro-SaaS Idea: This is the go-to platform for anyone hoping to create a SaaS business. Ranked at the number 1 spot on Product Hunt, it essentially serves as a weekly newsletter on all things Micro-SaaS. This includes data-backed analysis as well as guides on implementing your profitable idea. The research done through this application will surely save you tons of time.
- 4 Day Week: The name tells it all. 4 Day Week is a website from which anyone can find themselves a remote job that they can work for 4 days a week. In other words, get hired for a 32-hour job from various fields including engineering, marketing, and product UX.
- Logology: To stand out in today’s market and attract more people to your business, it is really important to invest as much as possible in your company’s branding. As a rule of thumb, a good brand is one that finds the right balance between friendliness and professionalism. Of course, this is on top of the technical and creative work that you need to take care of things like designing your company’s logo, for example. Luckily, you’ve got Lopology to take care of your design-related worries. With a price range that is much lower than hiring a professional graphic designer, Logology will deliver high-quality creative designs in a matter of minutes. Personalized and simplified. All you need to do is take a quick brand identity test to get paired with the exact fonts, colors, and patterns that fit your brand.
- TIMS: Coding is hard! But, your startup does not necessarily require you to have any programming skills. In fact, thanks to TIMS, you can now find yourself plenty of tools at different phases in your project to build what you have in mind. For a great deal of under 50$, you will have access to all of the best no-code-free tools such as browser extensions, downloadable assets, web apps, and much much more.
- GummySearch: They say a business without leads is like a car without wheels. GummySearch is the wheels to your car. To elaborate, it is an online tool to help you discover your target audience from Reddit. Why Reddit? Well, as they put it, it is a “goldmine for audience search,” since it has over a hundred thousand online communities with an even larger number of users.
- Testimonial: Collecting and publishing customer testimonials can be quite time-consuming. But you don’t have to give up on it just because of that. On the contrary, people learning about the positive experiences of customers can motivate them to buy. Plus, having people appreciate your work is truly something you can take pride in. With Testimonial, displaying testimonials, both in text or video format on your website, has never been easier. Just copy and paste our generated code and you’re good to go. It’s also worth noting that Testimonial supports no-code platforms such as Webflow and WordPress.
- Zero To Sold: This book will walk you through the entire process of becoming a world-class entrepreneur from the moment you have your first idea until the one in which you successfully sell your company for sums of money that will change your life. You will learn how to create a recurring revenue engine that will allow you to achieve financial independence.
- Zero To Marketing: A collection of real-world case studies to help you improve your marketing performance.
- Black Magic: A simple browser extension and mobile app that you can download to get a better experience out of Twitter by reviewing your most engaging hours, top interactions, and similar relevant statistics.
- Tweet Hunter: An application to help you organize your tweets and monetize them in hopes of ultimately increasing sales and expanding networking.
- Hypefury: Another Twitter tool that can come in handy for businesses or individuals who wish to grow their audience engagement on Twitter. Hypefury helps you automate your tweets and schedule them to post beforehand.
- Potion: This app works like magic to create custom-designed websites with whatever styles, domain, and design you wish. It also includes features for excellent SEOs – a must-have for every business.
- Splitbee: This is the perfect tool to add to your already existing website to track your audience activity. In other words, get splitbee to earn more about your users’ motives, goals, and preferences which will also help you to better target potential customers and ultimately increase conversions.
- Voicl: Stand out from the crowd of all generic company websites by adding voice widgets to your site. With Voicl you can communicate with your audience in new ways, through audio, to be precise.
- Session: Procrastinate no more. Session not only eliminates distractions and helps you to better focus on your tasks, but also monitors your performance. With its 25-minute “sessions” and special distraction-blocking and progress-tracking features aid in boosting concentration and increasing mindfulness.
- UserBooster: UserBooster is basically a template for Notion, specifically tailored to create a startup’s launch strategy and provide its users with the means to spark their aspirations and gain business knowledge from fellow business owners. Their way of doing this is by leveraging different acquisition channels.
- Instatus: Instatus helps you create elegant status pages in times when they might be needed. These beautiful pages can be made in a matter of seconds. Yes, you read that right. Seconds, not minutes. A visually pleasing status page helps with communication and builds trust with users. It also improves user experience, ultimately increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty. On top of this, it prevents repeated support inquiries when there is a problem with your service.
- Rapidr: Have you ever wondered what is it exactly your customer likes or dislikes about your work? What’s something they would want you to add? Something they would want you to change?
Then, ask away. Rapidr provides you with the perfect platform to collect user feedback and analyze it to understand them better and amend your business accordingly. Rapidr also integrates with other widely-used applications like Slack, for example. Some of the features it offers include feedback widgets and feedback boards.
- Typebot: A new way of collecting user feedback. Typebot is an open-source form builder, not like any of the traditional forms you might have filled in before. By embedding typebot on your web or mobile app, you can start creating powerful conversation blocks by dragging and dropping blocks.
- Bannerbear: Creating content can get overwhelming but BannerBanner makes it much easier. It is essentially an API, which generates different formats of visuals for your social media. This can include gifs, banners, and email images.
- Veed: Video is one of the most popular formats of media consumption online. With the rise of applications such as YouTube and TikTok, streaming has become a daily activity for most, if not all, of us. That being said, shooting, editing, compiling, and putting out your video altogether can be quite a challenge. However, with Veed, you can now create your videos, edit them, transcribe them, add subtitles, and do much much more with just a couple of clicks. No need for a sophisticated and complicated professional application when there is such simple and easy-to-use editing software out there.
- Feedhive: FeedHive is an AI-powered platform that helps you create content at scale. With all of its different kinds of features, it helps you create, publish, and manage all your social media posts with just a few clicks. Some of its notable features include hashtag generation and performance prediction.
- OneUp: OneUp is a social media management tool to help you oversee all your social media content. It is easy to use and allows you to create different categories and manage posts for different accounts. It is also visually easy to grasp with its detailed calendar view.
- MDX One: Notion lets you publish the articles you write. It is an all-in-one blogging platform with no coding or design expertise required. All you have to do is write your articles, and using Notion’s easy-to-use CMS, schedule them or publish them right away.
- Katlinks: Find your competitors, locate potential customers, search industry-related keywords, and check the SEO of your website, all with Katlinks. Katlinks is an SEO tool to help you figure out your ranking and performance on Google.
- Mark Copy: For all writers and bloggers out there Mark Copy is here to save you some writing time and energy. Your very own writing assistant makes collaborating with fellow writers so much easier and also helps you get those creative juices flowing with AI-powered suggestions and already-prepared templates.
- Shhh Noise Life: Your work environment can make or break your productivity. That is why it is crucial to choose your background sound correctly. Worry no more, because Shhh Noise Life is here to help. You can know the environment in which you would feel most comfortable working in. The sound of the wind? The beach? Raindrops? Typing? Whatever sound you can think of can be played for you to help you relax your mind.
- Uplead: Cold emailing people can be incredibly time-consuming but with Uplead, you can get an unlimited number of leads from a B2B database with a whopping 95% accuracy. It is a platform trusted by the biggest names in tech – Microsoft, Google, and Amazon, to name a few.
- Lemlist: Now that you have your very long list of leads, do you need to email those emails one by one? Not really. With lemlist, you can personalize and automate the entire process while ensuring reachability and responsiveness.
- Schedulr: The simplest way to schedule whatever demo, interview, and/or meeting you have planned is undoubtedly through schedulr. No more back-and-forth communication through texts and emails. Just pick a date and time and share the booking link with your participants.
- Email Octopus: For an affordable price, you can impress your monthly newsletter subscribers with customized email designs. This email marketing tool is perfect for users with no coding background as it only requires you to use a simple drag-and-drop editor. You can also take advantage of the analytics feature to further segment your audience and prepare emails that better suit them.
- Datagrab: Datagrab is a simple chrome extension that will help you can extract website data from any existing webpage, with little to no coding knowledge. Some potential use cases for Datagrab include lead generation, price monitoring, data aggregation, and much much more.
- Flexiple: Flexiple is an online platform for top-tier freelance developers and designers for businesses to hire for both long-term and short-term projects in a span of hours, if not minutes.
- 100 UI/UX Tips & Tricks: A book with over a hundred different tips and tricks about user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) with detailed descriptions and examples of each. Some of the topics covered include typography, landing pages, forms, usability, user attention, etc.
- Growsurf: Automate the customer acquisition hassle through Growsurf. It is the leading B2C referral program software for startups and already-established tech companies. You can have a 14-day free trial to see for yourself.
- Versoly: Did you know that with Versoly you can easily create your website’s landing page in less than an hour? With such an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, almost anyone can build their very own site. It is worth noting that Versoly provides over 300 blocks, 50 components, and 10 templates to choose from. Miz and match those to create a combination that best fits your brand. Versoly also handles mobile responsiveness.
- FundStory: FundStory provides you with a platform from which you can manage all of your non-dilutive finances. From an extensive directory of funding options, explore your options and shoot your shot at finding a potential funding partner.
- MicroAquire: MicroAquire is known to be the “World’s number one startup acquisition marketplace.” Through it, you can advertise your startup to hundreds of thousands of prospective buyers by simply listing it on the platform. You can also hire consultants to oversee and complete your acquisition.
- Signaturely: After coming to an agreement, both parties usually sign a legally-binding contract to officially seal the deal. Signaturely reimagines this process with its time-saving features. Simply, upload your documents and add your signature. Opt for this paperless and easily accessible tool for a better signing experience.
- Queu: Without leaving your Notion application, you can now not only schedule your Tweets, but also your entire Tweet threads thanks to Queu. No more copying and pasting or switching apps just to be able to tweet. You can now safely store all of your notes, ideas, and thoughts in one place.
- Leave Me Alone: Want to get rid of unwanted emails that you subscribed to centuries ago? Leave Me Alone is here to help you clean your inbox, declutter it up and organize it. It is jam-packed with features to help you easily unsubscribe from useless emails. Some of the notable features include a do-not-disturb mode, blocking spam emails, prioritizing senders, categorizing emails into rollups, and so much more.
In conclusion, bootstrapping your own startup can be an incredibly rewarding experience, which will help you grow both personally and professionally, and who knows? You could be the next Bill Gates or Elon Musk if you put in the time and effort to try and actualize your business ideas and hopefully by making use of the products mentioned above, you will get one step closer to turning your ideas into reality.
7 Content Optimization Tactics to Avoid Common SEO Mistakes
December 20, 2019
The 5 Stages Of The Blog Sales Funnel And How To Use Them
November 21, 2019
The Importance of Growth Hacking for Startups
January 30, 2019